Wednesday, April 21, 2010

To post or not to post...

So the last two days I have been leaving my house exhausted, barely able to put myself together to get to work and then when I'm leaving work to come home I have been even more exhausted... This is not the life I would like to continue leading.

I know I need to get back to the gym since I haven't gone since the beginning of April and I KNOW that that will help me feel better...but sometimes, you just want to wallow in the tiredness?? Or is it just me?

I am reminded of a line in the movie "Elizabethtown:"

"I want you to get into the deep beautiful melancholy of everything that's happened"

Not sure how many of you have seen that movie, but this line comes in a time when Claire (Kirsten Dunst) is talking to Drew (Orlando Bloom) after giving him this incredible scrapbook and road trip music for him to ponder as he drives from Kentucky back to Oregon.

I am giving myself permission to feel, I just need a soundtrack. It's hard.


PS. This is my favorite part of the movie what a great gift. I would be thrilled to receive such a gift...and the tunes were amazing. I loved the soundtrack to the movie. Any takers on making me one?




2 comments:

  1. I sooo know what you mean about wallowing...Im in that mode these days too...
    I will make you a cd. It will all be music from over ten years ago though, since that was the last time I bought any music!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote - "I want you to get into the deep beautiful melancholy of everything thats happened." I needed your words and know that sometimes we need to take those moments for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete