Stake Conference was great. I felt the spirit so strongly listening to one of the speakers. She spoke of her the blessings of temples and the ordinances that take place there. She shared some of her heartaches and trials as a new couple struggling to start their family. She shared the blessings the gospel brought her and demonstrated her unwavering faith that there was another way. I was so impressed by her strength and courage. Through all their struggles they now have 3 beautiful children (I know because they were sitting in front of us and are in Paul's mom's ward) and they are currently waiting to be foster parents for a 4th! It was definitely a touching story and helped me to put in perspective my struggles, trials, and outlook on life.
Our Stake president also invited us to commit to reading the scriptures daily as a family and use 4 colored pencils to mark our readings. Here is the detailed request and goal for us as a stake. President Duce promised great blessings to us and individuals and families if we keep the commitment.
1. Get a paperback copy of The Book of Mormon for each member of the family and write your name in it.
2. Meet as a family and decide what time of day you will read from The Book of Mormon as a family
3. Get four different colored marking pencils for each family member
4. As you read, highlight in different colors:
a. Each reference to Jesus Christ (any of His names or pronouns referring to Him)
b. His words (spoken by Him or by prophets when they say “thus saith the Lord” or similar)
c. His attributes
d. The doctrines and principles contained in The Book of Mormon
During the General Session of Stake Conference this morning, President Duce again extended this invitation in support of the stake focus - Increasing Faith in Jesus Christ through Daily Scripture Study and Praying with Real Intent.
I'm anxious to get started. I must admit we were provided the books of Mormon and outline tools months ago, but we haven't made it a priority. I feel the desire to start...thus I should, right?
We just got back from a nice walk, the dog is KOed as she is out of shape and the weather is warmer ( I can still here her puffing and huffing!). Paul and I were still a little full from our scrumptious bbq lunch/dinner today so we didn't have quite the walk we intended--oh well, there is always another day...next weekend (thank you life schedules!).
Ta ta for now!
I am signing off now--unless I think of something later to chat about. This may be the best way to journal!
No comments:
Post a Comment