Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday is a special day it's the day Paul and I hang together!

I'm back! Day 2 in full effect. Paul and I had an adventuresome day! The day started way too early for Paul as he had to go out on yet another call at approximately 3:00 am (yes I was asleep and didn't even stir a bit). We rode together to drop off the truck at 8am and then went straight to the Alderwood Mall for the Macy's One Day Sale. We enjoyed delicious souffle's from Panera Bread. We both picked out the Spinach and Bacon, but they only had one left, so Paul let me have that one, and he tried the Turkey Sausage and Potato. The Spinach and Bacon was the best.

Not a lot of goods at the Mall. A few pet peeves for both of us. #1 Denim for plus size girls like myself in TALL and NON-SKINNY JEANS are near impossible to find. Click here for some hideous plus size fashions. #2 Overly dramatic fadings, wrinklings, or emblems. Here are a few things that Paul and I thought were a bit over the top in the mens department.

Paul procured himself a starter set of golf clubs for his class at school. We got a pretty good deal and even ended up getting some pointers from the salesman at Pro Golf Discount. We got such an "inexpensive" starter set that I can't even find it listed on their website!

Then it was off to my girls brunch! Paul dropped me off and I got to hang out with Michelle, Jen, Tamara, Suzanne and Becky. We had brunch and chatted. Thanks to Jen for allowing us to crash at the house! We had a gorgeous view of the sound from their big picture windows.

Paul picked me up at Becky's--where we got lessons on breeding, caring, and the hen/rooster way. More information than I'd ever known about the lifestyle and habits of chickens. Here is a website if you become curious about the hen's role and how often the eggs come a flowin'! We then got a lesson from Omar that you shouldn't cross Turkey's with Ostrich's! (We were just giving him a bad time he didn't think it was a good idea.)

Okay so then we went to upgrade our phones. I love Verizon but am frustrated with the new data package costs PER LINE! But we were able to convince ourselves it will be worth it in the end. So we are waiting until Monday when the DROID comes on the BOGO deal Monday. Much coupon-ing to be done if I get the coupon application! That was a selling point for me.

We are still going strong! Date day was cram packed with oodles of fun! Movie time! We went to see the Date Night movie with Tina Fey and Steve Carell. Hilarious! Everything I expected and more. They are a great duo. There was even a real life message in the film...at the end, just for us gals. Warmed my heart.

Next, we went to Macy's again (Everett) to pick up Paul's new church shoes and found some cool cargo shorts for him too.

Then off to the homestead to take care of the little one--no sooner had we sat down to rest (and I got a nice foot rub from my man) that we decided to go to the driving range! Fun Times! Neither of us really know what we are doing, but we had a good time. We also decided it would be a great double date in the future to start making more friends in our ward...anyone care to join us? The Columbia Super Range is about 4 miles down the road from our house. So close...and fun! We went at night and they have heat controls so you don't get cold. I will have to wear different pants next time as I kept having to hike them up! We each hit (or attempted to hit) 68 balls using various irons and woods. I need a glove. (and probably some lessons too) SIDE NOTE: they have this month long woman's night where you get to learn the basics each week to get better...any takers?

We polished off our extraordinary day buy hitting up late night 'Bees where we enjoyed 1/2 price appetizers and a soda.

Now we are home and I think I am treating the blog as a journal/diary. Who besides us really cares about our date day and adventures together? Oh well, maybe I'll get the hang of this...or not. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Totally use your blog as a journal. I love reading all of the nitty gritty details. You can even print it off someday and have these "date night" stories for your kids to read! I seriously would have loved to read about my parents non-children times together.
    I SOOOOO hear ya on the whole big girl/skinny jean crisis we have on our hands. I too hit up Macy's for the one day sale today hoping to find some good deals on jeans and only found them to be too short and to dang fugly!!
    i just LOVe that we are so in sync still after all of these years :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I care!! Thanks for letting me know about your secret blog... I'll send you an invite to mine. :) Oh, BTW, the Macy's plus-sized skinny jeans, as well as the big graphic across the butt (men's jeans) - bad bad bad. I can just hear the "What Not to Wear" people starting to scream.

    The driving range off of 44th in Lynnwood is cheaper - I think we usually pay $5 for 200 balls... but I could be wrong. :)

    So good to see you on Saturday - I miss my Rochelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were there I'd totally give you some golf tips. Tony and I took lessons, but we haven't played much since. By the way, love the blog..gives me one more way to stalk you. ha ha..

    ReplyDelete