Monday, January 16, 2012

Reading with Claudia Cate

December 2011

We have recently begun reading with CC more regularly.  It has been fun to watch her expressions as she looks at the pages and listens to our voices.  It has also been fun listening to her cooing as we read, but the most exciting thing happened today.  We were reading "Baby's Christmas"  a board book from my childhood that has 5 page turns---CC on her own successfully turned 3 of the 5 page turns!  I know she probably isn't completely cognizant of the action...She did grab and push the page the direction it needed to go without any assistance or coaxing by mom and dad!  Yay CC!  You are such a big girl!

I was recently at a Book Sale and some grandma figure teachers told me something along the lines of read to your baby..if you read to her regularly your going to have a scholar on your hands.  It's true!  I love watching her soak up the pictures and listen intently to the words when we read to her.  I picture her brain as a sponge gaining all sorts of knowledge and categorizing it in her pwn learning card catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment