This weekend as we are trying to meet our Wednesday evening deadline to have the "office" out of the "dining room" I came across some fantastic memories.
When Paul and I were dating the singles ward went to the Skate Deck in Everett for an evening of fun. I'm totally a rollerblader and Paul, well, let's just say he doesn't do well with wheels that aren't on bicycles. (I'm convinced that he is not as bad as he states, but I will just believe him.)
I was excited and since I didn't know about Paul's hatred of said skating I was skating alone or with other friends while he watched on the sidelines. It was still fun, but I kept insisting that he come and join me and he didn't want to. No biggie.
Well, the evening went on and all of a sudden the roller-dj said over the loud speaker, "Rochelle R. you have a special rose for you at the DJ booth, Rochelle R." Now I was a bit shocked, but when I got up there I realized that Paul had decided to "dedicate" a flashing LED rose to me...how sweet! How elementary! Apparently he was reliving a childhood memory of when you would dedicate things to the girl you "liked" at the Skate Deck and they would always announce the first name and last initial.
It was a small gesture, but it will always be remembered. I wish we had pictures from this evening, but alas we don't. Here is a picture of the goodies he procurred me while I was busy working up a sweat on the skate floor!
| I thought the background of the red wall made the flower look sophisticated! haha! |
| Yes those are disco finger lights and a flashing rose! |
No comments:
Post a Comment