Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mamma Bird

Yes, I'm nesting apparently...  Paul is convinced that this is the why I spent the majority of my Friday night and Saturday incessently cleaning the bathroom and kitchen.  I was exhausted...but darn it looked GREAT!

The goal is to keep it up but I haven't been feeling so great and we've been so busy (i know, i know no excuses)--so we don't have to worry about it quite as much.  It is a hard thing to fit 2 and a baby in a little over 1000 sq. ft. with little to no storage...but we are going to make it work.  It wouldn't be sooo bad if we hadn't inherted all the things from mom and dad's Lewiston house as well...but, why would we get rid of it though?  We want it and it will be helpful for us when we have a bigger place (thank you garage for storing things so nicely...sorry you won't get to visit with a car anytime soon!)

So here is the sad part.  I am experiencing some of those lovely pregnancy mood swings, and I feel like I'm totally rational in my thinking while it's happening...and then 5 minutes later I realize my emotions are real...but not necessarily rational.  Luckily Paul is understanding...

So after my super cleaning on Saturday of our entire kitchen (steamed and scrubbed from floor to ceiling) a glass bottle containing a LOAD of Dawn Dish soap fell off the counter and shattered spreading soap and glass EVERYWHERE!  I melted down in less than 10 seconds.  I had been cleaning for over 4 hours in the kitchen alone and honestly, I was so sore, tired and worn out the thought of trying to get probably 28 oz of dawn dish soap sprinkled with shards of glass was not in the cards for my afternoon plans.  I was so close to being done.  I could just rewind those last few seconds and undo the soap ordeal.

I wouldn't pose for a picture because I busted out in tears--uncontrollably probably because I was tired, but maybe because I just couldn't imagine cleaning it all up again (looking back at least it was soap and not bbq sauce, right?)  

It took like 7 or 8 moppings, dry, wet, steam dry wet steam to get all the soap residue up after the initial removal of the blue soap.  We made Kiki our dog the test pilot to determine if the floor was clean--if she acted like she was a new ice skater, skidding left and right, we needed to go back to cleaning again....

Eventually we were successful!  I guess the only good thing is that it is now Wednesday and the kitchen still looks great!

1 comment:

  1. Is there anything rational about pregnancy?! :) I would have been reduced to tears as well. In fact, I probably would have gone up to my room to cry for a while and my husband would have started on the rescue clean up. And that's non-pregnant! What a mess!

    ReplyDelete