So, I realized something yesterday about myself. I haven't gone to get a hair cut, trim, or anything since early November! That's been six months! I think that is a record, even for me. I will admit that I have been lazier in the last couple of years, but I used to be a "regularly scheduled client," but since I've been married (yes it was around that time...not Paul's fault though), I don't take the time.In addition to not taking the time, I don't really have a hairdresser anymore. I have gone a few times to MCcuts the haircutting equivalent to MCdonalds. Don't get me wrong, it is a great place. They are nice and do the basic cuts well, they are priced right, but I'm not partial, nor do I choose a particular person there. I also tried the random stop in Missoula Montana on the way to Southern Idaho in November--that did not go over well. You should always question if you want your hair cut somewhere if the woman that approaches you has a frizzy bad 80's doo. ( I was traumatized. You don't pull a thick haired persons hair down straight and..snip! It ends up being jagged and not so fresh).
Then there is how long it has been since I've had my hair highlighted---well, since early December 2008. Right before the wedding. Yup, that is the last time. Luckily I don't think my aging grays are showing yet...although they ARE there. I know that they "appeared" over the last couple years (again no relation to Paul tee hee )
Well, all this adds up to my commitment to myself. Before the baby comes I will:
1) Get my hair pampered
2) Get a facial/pedi/mani
3) set up appointments for hair AFTER baby is born in advance to get back on a schedule.
I hope you all don't think I'm being vain about this whole thing. I just have realized as my waistline is getting larger in circumference, and I'm having serious wardrobe issues (not a lot to choose from out there right now), that perhaps I can make myself feel better by giving myself a little relaxation and extra special treatment. What do you say? That's right....I deserve it!
A pregnant woman deserves all the pampering in the world! Set up those appointments and don't feel one bit vain. You DO deserve to feel beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI like the plan of attack. Pamper it up! You deserve it.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely, you deserve it! Get as much spoiling in as possible before your little one makes her appearance. You will only want to pamper her once she is here.
ReplyDelete