Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bountiful Soup-er

This last week, we got our bountiful basket  that was abundantly filled with all sorts of produce.  It is challenging to use it all with just the two of us so this time we shared with Paul's mom, however we still "floweth over."

Among other delights we had two bunches of Kale and a super bag of potatoes.  So what did I make tonight?  Olive Garden's Zuppa Tuscana Soup!  Can we say delightful?

It was definitely easy enough not to be able to mess up, however the prep/cook time was a wee bit longer than advertised.  I imagine the recipe writer wasn't a math teacher and I know for certain I chopped the potatoes a quarter-inch and it took longer than 10 minutes to cook them. 


I will post the pictures in backwards order. Paul NEVER finishes soup to the last drop.  He isn't a big soup eater and definitely wouldn't eat it by choice, but he loved this one.

Evidence that Paul ate to the last drop!

A cheese-tastic picture of Paul enjoying the soup.
Yes, He was being over dramatic.
The Pot...doesn't look as inviting in photo as it does in real life.

1 comment: