Saturday, May 14, 2011

Paul's Little Business

I sure am proud of my spouse.  He has been busily clearing out "things" that he recognizes he doesn't need.  He has been listing them on Ebay and making some money here and there...  He's been selling his shoes and comic book statues along with other collectibles.   I did find a contribution in my closet cleaning!  A Tignanello Purse unused with the tags on and everything ( I forgot I had it!)

Both of us have a tendency to be collectors.  We both have a bazillion shoes, extensive CD and music libraries, and we both had movie collections before we were married.  Paul's movie collection far surpassed mine, somewhere in the multiple hundreds.

Since we've been married every several months Paul will go through and whittle down more and more of his movie collection and then I will as well.  Each time we take a trip to Half Price Books and he brings in more money.  I want to post a picture of our newly dwindled down collection of movies.



I also have my daddy's kaleidoscope up there to keep me looking through "rose colored glasses" during our projects.

  We still have a large collection of music and shoes...but we'll get there eventually.  We really realize that we don't NEED to have all these things, but it is so hard to part with things you know aren't really hurting anything, just taking up space.

On my "personal" day this  last week I spent the majority of the day going through my closet.  Yes, I do have a lot of clothes.  I blame it on the fact that my mom and I loved to spend time together all growing up--and a lot of that time was spent shopping!  Anyway--being  "with child" and recognizing I wouldn't be able to wear some of these clothes for at least another year (season specific mind you) I was able to purge and get rid of 3 OVERSIZED garbage sacks FILLED with clothes...and purses...and bags.

So that project of closet cleaning left me with no time in the day to get crackin' on the baby's room.  Reorganizing and recognizing that our "office/ baby's room" will have to be very uniquely arranged since it's the only spare room AND it is a very small room at that.  We'd like to move sometime soon.  Although, we can't expect to sell our condo in this market so we are stuck in our 1000+ sq. ft. home.  That my friends is a story for another post though... 

1 comment:

  1. I think I have that same mom connection to shopping. I miss it sometimes just because of the social and get away aspect of it. We simply don't have access to the same type of easy shopping here (or the time), so I do most of mine online. I can totally relate to this. We haven't bought a movie that wasn't for kids in ages - dvds are space hogs and we don't want to keep watching the same thing over again. Plus, it's probably on Netflix. Now books are trickier. I think our next move will really force us to face the real cost of lugging these things from place to place. And when space becomes more precious (and over run by toys), the sentimental value of our books fades a bit.

    ReplyDelete