Monday, November 29, 2010

Ringing in the Holiday Season, Thanksgiving, and Together Forever Someday

We traveled to Spokane for the Thanksgiving Weekend.  Paul, Mom and I and Flower (the chiweenie) traveled over Wednesday Nov 24.  It was an okay drive, mom was very tired and her temperature regulator wasn't working well.  We had a really good time being altogether.  Thanks to Mr. Winter, we were able to leave a little earlier than planned since school was canceled for me on both Tuesday and Wednesday of last week! 


Here is a picture of our Thanksgiving Feast!  Holly caught some of us with food in our mouths but at least we are all looking at the camera!


Clockwise starting with Darrin, Claudia, Rochelle, Paul, Helaman, Olivia, Ella, Mallory, Owen, Montana, Brad, Kristalyn, (Holly the photographer not pictured)
 
Some of us went sledding at Mission Park (? I didn't go then) and others of us went sledding on the Rich Family's road!  It seemed like just when we got the driveway cleared, the snow started falling of started falling faster!  Darrin let me run the snow blower CUB CADET!  It was fun, but a little challenging getting used to it.

Holly, Kristalyn and Rochelle went shopping at REAL DEALS on Home Decor and Trellis, another home decor store.  It was a great time!  We all got good deals on super cute home decor stuff! 

While we were there, we went to see the Forgotten Carols in Spokane on Friday Nov 26 as a whole family.  Mom, Paul, me, Kristalyn and Brad with Ella and Montana (Brad's kids were with their mom), Darrin and Holly with Olivia, Owen, and Mallory.  It was excellent.  It was not my first time to see it but it envoked new feelings in me since it had been several years since I'd been able to participate. Paul had never seen it before, and I think he even liked it!  I think it is a really good representation of how the spirit of Christmas can always be found in your heart...even if you've forgotten it or how to feel Christ in Christmas.  The music was wonderful and the company wasn't too bad either!

If any of you have ever attended this program (or any Michael McLean production), he always sings "We can be together forever someday"  the chorus to one of his songs.  It usually is pretty cheesy to me, and I can't say that it felt cheesy this time.  I really felt the purpose of his words on many different levels that night.  It was very touching and it brought to mind the importance of living such that we can be together forever someday as an eternal family!

This also made me remember a time way back when I was dating Paul and I attended a "TIME OUT FOR WOMEN" event in the same theater in Spokane with My mom, and my sisters Kristalyn and Holly.  It was a good experience.  (Kudos go out to Darrin for watching all the kids AND my dad that night so we could go!)

I was trying to figure out a lot of stuff and the song below was performed by Michael McLean and it touched me very deeply.  (I even bought the CD).  He shared the story behind the song, that the original music is not vey inviting, but the words are such that he thought he'd incorporate a different tune.  I love this song--the message is so powerful!

Unanswered Yet


Charles D. Tillman, 1894

Scripture: Psalm 143:1


Unanswered yet? The prayer your lips have pleaded

In agony of heart these many years?

Does faith begin to fail, is hope departing,

And think you all in vain those falling tears?

Say not the Father hath not heard your prayer;

You shall have your desire, sometime, somewhere.

Unanswered yet? Though when you first presented

This one petition at the Father’s throne,

It seemed you could not wait the time of asking,

So urgent was your heart to make it known.

Though years have passed since then, do not despair;

The Lord will answer you, sometime, somewhere.

Unanswered yet? But you are not unheeded;

The promises of God forever stand;

To Him our days and years alike are equal;

“Have faith in God”; it is your Lord’s command.

Hold on to Jacob’s angel and your prayer

Shall bring a blessing down sometime, somewhere.

Unanswered yet? Nay, do not say ungranted;

Perhaps your part is not yet wholly done;

The work began when first your prayer was uttered,

And God will finish what He has begun.

If you will keep the incense burning there,

His glory you shall see, sometime, somewhere.

Unanswered yet? Faith cannot be unanswered;

Her feet were firmly planted on the Rock;

Amid the wildest storm prayer stands undaunted,

Nor quails before the loudest thunder shock.

She knows Omnipotence has heard her prayer,

And cries, “It shall be done,” sometime, somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you had a wonderful time with your family. I haven't seen forgotten carols for years, but would love to. There is something about Michael Mclean songs that transcend cheesy for me. I remember shaking his hand once and wishing I could express how much his songs have touched, comforted, and lifted me over the years. I listened to them so often when my dad was sick and after he passed. My mom had "You're not alone" sang at his funeral. There is such an honest spirit in his songs and a desire to share his testimony that can bring me to tears in a way so many songs can't. Love you!

    ReplyDelete