Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mother Dearest

I have had intentions of writing a post about my mom since before Mother's Day, as most of you know about my planning and timing of things in my life, as of late I've been pretty much a failure in that department.  I really have no good excuse other than the fact that for some feelings I've experienced recently as well as emotions I have for those I love, are hard to portray via the written word.  It's like you can't find the words strong enough to describe your feelings.

The other morning a severely opinionated radio DJ tried to describe love as an inferior emotion to respect.  Now his intention was to show that you can love many people but the love for a spouse, parent, or child is so much more than that.  I on the other hand, think that love can have varying degrees of affection and does not necessarily mean the same thing in different contexts.  I do however feel like it is hard to describe how I feel about my mother.

My mom has been a constant in my life.  A friend, a confidant, a source or joy, adviser, a shoulder to cry on, a fellow shopping partner, partner in crime, as well as an example of Christ-like love and love for others.

You all can relate to this one...
You have forgotten (or neglected to ever learn) a seemingly menial task either in the kitchen, laundry room, or any other general thing that you KNOW your mom knows the answer, who do you call?  Your mom! 

 I have been so grateful for all that she has taught me, her strength through adversity, her knowledge of seemingly everything throughout my life.  I love her dearly and want her to know that she is the best!


I love you mom!!!

(written several months ago...finally posting today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment