So Paul had his first day of school today --I was tempted to take his picture with his backpack and first day outfit, but I refrained. He went to his math class and was going to come straight home. I on the other hand had an ultrasound on my leg (trying to figure out what is wrong with my ankle!) and then went to the chiropractor for my shoulder. Because I had two appointments I played hookie from work.
So the first appointment went okay, besides the paper shorts I had to wear and the gunky gel from the ultrasound machine on my leg making that funny noise that you see on TV when a pregnant woman gets an ultrasound. (Note to those of you who have been pregnant and were able to witness your own baby's swish swish it's not as "special" when they tell you it is the sound of the blood in your veins.) Alas, no more answers to my leg issue. Oh well.
So then off to the Chiropractor to investigate the shoulder that hasn't stopped hurting for a couple months. Apparently the exercises he had me doing the past couple months to strengthen my rotators cuff haven't helped enough. I will be "modifying my workouts' as a result of my meeting with Dr. Greg.
Needless to say, I was a bit dissatisfied with the prognosis of both appointments, still waiting for results, but how do you get the results from a problem that has no known cause? I was somewhat emotional as I should be, I am a girl right? So why am I writing about these downers? I'm not just focusing on the fact I'm getting older and feel like my body is slowly falling apart...I wanted to contrast the "sadness" with the joy of the rest of the days events!
After the appointments, Paul and I met up at Fred Meyer-we both got a new pair of shoes (I know, I know Paul and I are the last people on earth who need a pair of shoes) but they were Nike's AND they were buy one get one free. (yes really). Then we went to see SALT the movie. It was sooo great! My comparison of what I think the movie is like, would give away the show to those that haven't taken the opportunity to see it. I am definitely excited that Paul's research has proven that SALT 2 is planned a few years out from now. Then we went to Red Robin and shared a bbq chicken wrap...yum!
It was a grand day for the two of us. I am so grateful to have such a loving husband who cares about me and loves to spend all his free time with me.
We finished our day, myself at ZUMBA and Paul doing his homework. I got giddy when I came home to see him super focused and doing the whole homework thing. It made me jealous that he is IN school...but then I think of the "school" work I do and then I thought...nah, not yet. But I'm sure the day will come...
A wild day
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment