Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Grubbin' time!

A BIG day for Claudia Cate--February 21, 2012 Claudia had her first taste of real food.  Prior to this date her diet consisted of milk, fingers, toys, sweatshirt strings, chins etc.We gave her avocado on one of my mom's milkshake spoons (because we didn't dig out the plastic baby spoons yet) after she did a funny face for the first few tastes I handed her the spoon and she ate it up!  Sorry about the lengthy video...nearly 8 minutes.  we got carried away and didn't break up the video coverage into segments..  About 5 minutes in when we give her the spoon is the best.
********NEWS FLASH*********
The video is currently unavailable.  I apologize for the inconvenience!


She still made the funny faces after the initial sampling but overall it was a positive experience for her.  She had a few green spit ups later in the evening and some fiery toots and a pretty ripe diaper later...(I apologize for the graphic detail Miss CC bug--you're detailed experience with your first food is in the history books--you'll thank me for the such detail when you're older).

So excited to continue introducing new stuff to our baby girl!

Here are a few pictures of the day 2 eating...a little messier as mom mixed the avocado with some formula so it was a little too runny I think.  I'm learning!










4 comments:

  1. She loves the camera! Such beautiful blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is just gorgeous! To this day I have to give my baby Ian (who is 13 months) his own spoon when I am feeding him and he is just now actually trying to feed himself with it. He wants to be in control too! Butternut squash and sweet potatoes are our favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - I had not even thought to do avocados with Benjamin. What a great food for intros!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! It looks like CC really enjoyed that meal. So funny.

    ReplyDelete