Sunday, September 11, 2011

BHYC Day

Bring Home Your Canty Day
Here we are with our Claudia and Canteloup!

Saturday morning Sept 3, the new morning nurse came in first thing and said, "Well, you ready to go home?"  I said very quickly and assertively, "YES!"  We had been in there since Wednesday afternoon and honestly, I was ready to be at home in my red recliner relaxing with my little girl and hubby. ( All throughout labor I was requesting the red recliner be brought to the hospital because I was certain it would much more comfortable than the bed, rocking chair, and birthing ball I'd been limited too due to my "high risk" blood pressure issue that disappeared when I was admitted).

We quickly saw the Pediatrician, the on-call OB/GYN stopped by and we had the lab people to do the PKU test.  Then it was hurry up and wait.  We had the nurse come by again and go over discharge with us and our concerns and questions.  They wanted us to go to the Post Partum Clinic on Monday for CC since her billirubin blood test showed that she was jaundiced.

Paul's mom and dad came by early that morning to visit us before we were going home.  Then we had a relaxing morning with the visitors. 

Our friend Shannon Depew came just in time to help us photograph the dressing in the "take home outfit" (I stressed about picking this outfit out for several weeks prior to our birth) as well as helping us get packed up.  It was great to have an extra pair of hands while we were gathering all our goods.

Our dear friend Shannon Depew and Little Claudia ready to go home!
Here we are putting on the take home outfit and getting her ready in her car seat.  That is tricky...they are soo tiny and the straps and car seat is soo big and bulky!  We thought we had her all snuggly hooked in and the nurse came in and said, not tight enough!  Yikes!  The learning curve continues to astound me!

Getting her dressed in her adorable outfit and Jordan Hat





As we were about to leave the nurses said that my lunch tray had been delivered and asked if we wanted to eat before we left.  We did--Paul and I shared the pot roast and other items.

When we drove home Paul said there must be a governor on the gas pedal because the car just wouldn't go even a little bit over the speed limit (as if Claudia hadn't been traveling in the car with us the previous 9 months) so he was extra caustious.  I teased him until I drove her by myself and had the same overwhelming dramatic cautiousness come over me.

Aunt Holly was at home preparing the house for our arrival.  With foods, clean laundry, and an inviting atmosphere we were excited to arrive at home--safely--

No comments:

Post a Comment